Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bunches of Beautiful Boxes with Jennie Harper

Hi Scor-Pal fans!  It's Jennie and I wanted to share a project I created for our Bunches of Beautiful Boxes theme. Using a Scor-Pal, I created a Cupcake Box, using Valerie Stangle's tutorial.
Supplies:
 Patterned Paper: Country Boutique Fancy Pants 
Die: Large Circles (Spellbinders)
Adhesive: Scor-Tape

 You will need cardstock or patterned paper in the following sizes:
10 1/2" square
6 1/8" square
4 7/8" square 


Main Box: Start with the 10 1/2 " square piece of patterned paper.  Score at 3 1/4" and 7 1/4", rotate and repeat. 

Cut on 4 score lines to where they intersect (2 on each side). Trim and notch corner panels, as shown, to create flaps.


Adhere flaps to inside of box with Scor-Tape.

Lid: Score 6 1/8" square at 1" on all sides. Cut on 4 score lines to just where the scores intersect - 2 on each side. Trim and notch corner panels, as shown. Cut circle shape with circle die in the center of square.  I added a 4x4" piece of clear card stock to the inside using Scor-Tape.

 Insert: Score 4 7/8" square 1/2" on all sides. Notch corners, as shown.
 Cut main circle shape with a circle die. Insert into main box, flaps down, to nestle cupcake (this will hold the cupcake of muffin in place).
 I added some die cuts from the Fancy Pants Country Boutique line to the box for decor and it is ready to give to a dear friend!


Hope you will try making one of these yourself!!  If you do be sure to leave me a comment as I would love to check it out!!

2 comments:

Ravengirl said...

Very cute Jennie! I love your darling box and the cupcake looks delicious!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I used to love making boxes, Jennie, and this is one very gorgeous one!