Tuesday, April 30, 2013

SEI and Scor-Pal Week With Lisa Silver



Welcome back for the Day 2, Post 2 of SEI and Scor-Pal cross-promotion week !  We have lots of fun in store for you, including wonderful projects and great prizes.  Every day, we will have 2-3 posts on our blog, and the SEI blog is going to be sharing projects and prizes as well. Leave comments on our blog, and Facebook page for entries to win.  There may be extra ways to earn entries hidden in the posts - so pay close attention for those chances.

So, speaking of prizes, here is what we are giving away:


A full-sized Scor-Pal!  We will also add a couple of rolls of Scor-tape!  Be sure to tell your friends, because you won't want to miss out on this giveaway!  Make sure all of your entries are in by Sunday, May 5th, 11:59 pm E.S.T.

Hello!  It's Lisa with a tutorial with another quick gift idea!  I was inspired by a project that Cindy Lyles (StarLitStudio) posted several years ago.  You can find discussion and details of what she did HERE.

I'm completely up the challenge, and since Mother's Day is around the corner, I knew I'd make this for a special person in my life.

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Think of Me Card Maker Paper Pack by SEI
Paper: Solar White by Neenah, Posh Bright Blue Dungaree, Pop-Ton Gundrop Green 100#, Pop-Tone Snow Cone 100# DiscountCardstock.com
Other: corner rounder, flower dies by My Favorite Things, sequins from Etsy, precision scissors, Velcro by 3M

So, let's begin!



Following the template below, score your box base at the noted marks using your Scor-Pal scoring board and Scor-Tool.



Remove portions to create a base as shown below.


Fold along all the score lines and add Scor-tape to close the sides.  You can opt to round all the corners.


Adhere the small flaps to the folded side first.  Remove the backing to the Scor-tape and close the sides.


 Add Velcro to close the box.


Cover the front flap of the box with beautiful SEI patterned papers.  Embellish as desired.



The mini box will hold 6 cards and 6 envelopes.  Create a set of lovely cards with SEI papers to match the theme and design of the project for a perfect and complete gift.



Using your Scor-Envi, score as directed on the tool for the 3" x 3" envelope.  This begins with a 5-3/4" square piece of paper with scores at 4-1/4" and 7-3/4" along both sides.




Thanks for visiting,
Lisa

46 comments:

Judy Webb said...

Loving these boxes and envelope projects.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great project. It turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I am going to try this one today!!! Thanks for sharing.

Tkat said...

love it!!! thanks for the tutorial. i'm gonna go make some too. they're perfect for gifts! :)

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love the card. Thanks for the template. I could use it for my Mother's day card.

rush said...

beautiful project! so sunny! thank you for sharing.

Teresa said...

So cute! And love the color! t.igo

Robin B. said...

Beautiful, thanks for the inspiration!

Cazzy said...

That box is perfect and so pretty. I would love to win a Scor Pal.

Sue D said...

Very pretty set of cards and box.

Amy Martin said...

OH... Thank you so much for posting this. I have wanted to make these size envelopes for a while. And I must say. Yours is Beautiful.

Beatrice Lawson said...

Such a pretty card set and the box to hold them is gorgeous!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful project! This would make such a special gift filled with a set of notecards.

cghundley said...

This box is really nice
looking and the fact that
it holds 6 cards and their
envelopes makes it quite
worthwhile making. Great
for a gift.
Carla from Utah

Pat K said...

Loving all your creative projects!Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

What a great project! I'll be making one for my dear mother. You did a wonderful job and it's a lovely card set.

Bella's mama said...

Love this...great colors!

Unknown said...

These stationary sets are great for gifts. I know that I would LOVE to receive a set of cards and envelopes that were handmade in a beautiful box. It's such a personal gift from the heart.

Loly Borda said...

Lovely project! TFS

Fiorella said...

Great project, thanks for sharing!

Kelli Smith said...

The Box & card is just stunning Thank you for including the helpful tutorial. I have to get me a Scor-Pal, maybe than my paper crafting projects with folds will turn out as great as yours.

Jean Bullock said...

You have made my day. First of all, I love turquoise. My eyes just lit up when I saw this lovely box and the cards. But the biggest reason that I was excited is that this is the perfect gift for my mom. Thanks for the great tutorial.

sue settera said...

what great ideas for Mothers Day! thanks! Sue

Jean Bullock said...

I repinned this http://pinterest.com/pin/415386765601129764/

Leanne said...

Scor pal helps create such neat projects. Love it, need it & want it.

eunice said...

What a great tool. Love the box!

Tanya P. said...

I don't have a scorepal...but I would LOVE to try one!

Cindy said...

Love this gift idea! So many clever
ideas on your site!

Unknown said...

So going to try these excellent projects. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Amanda said...

Love the mini box! It's just the thing I've been looking for. I plan on making this for my mom and filling it with notecards for her Mother's Day present.

Ravengirl said...

This is totally cute and a perfect Mother's Day gift.

Venus and Luanne @ Sisters Craft Cafe said...

very beautiful card and the boxvelope that goes with it. pretty flower on top.

Lynn said...

Great box... thank you for sharing.

Tambo said...

Oh this is just so adorable. I would love to make some of these for my two bFF's. tfs Tami

jusaweecatnap said...

A great gift idea - my mother sends lots of cards out.

Neha Jain said...

thnx for sharing :)

debb said...

Great box and cards- so many possibilities!

Beth F. said...

Another gorgeous project!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Would also make a good gift box for the present that won't fit in an envelope but doesn't need a big box.

christaj3 said...

Oh my goodness! Love it! Breathtaking! What is it about pretty flowers and handmade crafts that pulls at my heart strings so hard?!

ljbryan2006 said...

I'm so obsessed with Score-Pal! I have to get one of these. I can do boxes and envelopes and make any fold perfect! Love this envelope!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fantastic project!!

slbt17 said...

thanks - enjoying the tips and tutorials!
Sandra ltb

Anonymous said...








what a super gift idea - very pretty. Thanks for the tutorial !

Unknown said...

This would be a great gift and very useful too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the tutorial