Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Quick and Easy Holiday Cards with Katie Tate

Today it is my turn, Katie from Both Sides of The Paper to share a Quick and Easy Holiday card project with you.
Hopefully if you are in a jam and need to make a few quick extra cards this could help you.
I used not only the fabulous Scor-Pal and Scor-Tape but also a few dies from the wonderful selection that Diana carries in her Magnolia-Licious Store
This card can be made in minutes, mails in a regular invitation sized envelope and can easily be adapted to die styles you have on hand.




Card Recipe:
Scoring Tool - Scor-Pal
Adhesive - Scor-Tape
Sentiment - Clearly Sentimental About Christmas by My Favorite Things
Border Die - Carnivale by Cheery Lynn Designs
Christmas Tree Die Cut - Elyse Christmas Tree by Memorybox
Circle Die - Jubliee Circle by Memorybox



The card base is simply an 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of Kraft cardstock cut in half to make it 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" (so you can get 2 cards from one sheet of cardstock)
Score at the 4 1/4" mark on the long side and burnish the fold.

Create a border by scoring on the front panel at 1/4" and 1/2" on all 4 sides (the photo shows where I scored at 1/2", I added the additional score line after thinking it needed a little more)
TIP : Score from the INSIDE of the front panel to create a raised edge or the OUTSIDE to create a debossed frame.

Now it is simply a case of decorating. I used a piece of patterned paper measuring 3" by 4 1/4" that fits in the scored frame.

I attached it Scor-Tape and the 1/4" size works great for the edge of the border die.

The dies cut easily through glittered paper, saving a step as the sparkle is already on the card!



Finally I added a sentiment.

I hope you can see the scored lines on the card, I took a close up to show it as well as I could.


This was a super easy card, great to make "production line style" and cheap to mail too.
I hope you have been enjoying these projects and be on the lookout for more to come.

5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a great card. I love all the sparkle.

Robin said...

Great card!!!

Yolanda said...

Love it!!

Steph Ackerman said...

Great card.

Ravengirl said...

Beautiful work Katie! I love the glittering die cuts and how they are set off by the scoring!